Thursday, August 6, 2009

Preparation

I have roughly 2 weeks left before I depart to Liberia. These days, I am seeing some of my nearest and dearest friends. It seems quite strange to get close to people just to take off on an adventure. In reality, if I am fortunate enough to achieve my aspirations, I will work in international development and continue this service for the rest of my career. However, I will need to find a graduate program that identifies my potential and desire to serve. This might be a little difficult due to my undergraduate gpa but it is lower because I was working to two vastly different fields; political science and business finance.

I have made ties with Friends of Liberia, a group that I have become a member in. They do very good work in assisting Liberia after their long civil war atrocities. I will do my part in assisting with what I can in the reconstruction of their teaching corps. I am quite certain that this will be much more challenging than my experiences in Moldovan agriculture, when I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Donduseni.

Since time is short, I should get back to searching for a graduate program and spending time with family. I will put a lot of time into discussing the conditions in Liberia and searching for assistance on their behalf.

1 comment: