Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summary Update

Learning history is fascinating, but learning history from the people who have been affected it provides emotional connection that the books could never give you.

I am only beginning to learn about Liberia. This also means that I am still learning how I can provide meaningful support to my counterparts and international organizations. I hope that I will be able to assist these people because they have had a difficult life after their civil war.

This is a country that has a great deal of potential for future prosperity. The real factor is whether they will decide to take on the an entrepeuner attitude and create the changes they'd like to see in their country. (to paraphrase Ghandi)

I definitely look forward to showing you pictures of this country. It's a beautiful country with a great food and culture.

I must get to work but I wish you all the best. Send me notes, I'd like to keep up with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment